those that used or use cloth diapers. Or those that used both please answer

Why did you choose to use them? If you used the disposable ones would you go back to cloth? I am thinking of using them if I have another baby never used cloth so I need all the info I can get on them thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I started using cloth because of the cost. I use Thirsties covers and prefolds. It cost less than $150 for 8 months (and counting) worth of diapers! She hasn't gone up a size yet, but I'm getting the next size covers with the tax return. That'll be another $100 and she'll be set until she's potty trained (the prefolds will fit her until the, too, so no need to buy more). At daycare, DD uses disposable because her provider isn't allowed to use cloth (it's an on base provider. We're military). At home it's cloth. Washing is easy. They go in a water-proof bag in the laundry room until it's time to wash (about every 2-3 days). I do a cold rinse, a hot wash w/ All Free/Clear, another hot wash cycle with NO soap, then into the dryer w/ NO dryer sheet. Covers and bag get hung to dry. I have 2 dozen prefolds and 8 covers. I *heart* cloth :)
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 9:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I used Cloth as the main diapers, But had disposable on hand for babysitters and trips. With the cloth they are so much cheaper. the other thing that I noticed is it's much easier to potty train. With cloth they know right away that they are wet and they don't like it. So you also change the diapers more through out the day with cloth then disposable. The other plus is you have some great dust cloths and if your husband cranks on cars like mine does, grease rags when they are beyond being used for diapers.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• OP HERE easier??? Then wonder how old my child would be then because my oldest was 19 months when she was fully potty trained and my yougest was 16 months when she was almost fully potty trained until we had to stop for a few weeks cause she caught rotavirus so she was fully trained at 21 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• For the most part it is. You must have been one of those that paid close attention to your babies. What I mean is you knew when they were wet or dirty so the Diapers didn't get a chance to absorb the liquid.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• oldermomof5 no I wasn't one of those mom's what I did was started my first at 12 months but with summer she wouldn't learn so I backed off until after summer by that time she was 18 months so then I started it again I didn't use pullups or diapers I used undies only when I was teaching them or naked time. It took me a month to teach my oldest she loved to do things to please you and I just got so exited more than her when she went so she started doing it. With my second I started at 13 months done it the same as #1 and with her I had trouble getting her to poo on the potty, but once I got her q's then she started learning really fast she likes to be like big sissy and she use to watch her do it she wanted to sit on the potty I let her she went. So no I wasn't one of those parent's that didn't let them get wet it is called consitancy, alot of pations and not useing diapers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My oldest was walking at 8.5 months my younest at 10 months what do you call that then? My kids especially my oldest has always been a head. my oldest is 4 year old just learned to ride her bike last month she learned to die her shoe a couple weeks before that. She can spell her name, red, and bath she knows what street she lives on what do you call that then?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• oh ya when I posted the last one about how old they were when they were potty trained I wasn't being smart about it I was just saying wonder how old then if they were already 19 and 21 months and potty trained
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2010