what is attatched parenting?

Just want to know cause I think if I have one more baby I am thinking about doing this since it will be my last so I was thinking of doing this. What rae the pors and cons of being an attatched parent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Dr. Sears is the go-to guy for AP. He and his wife wrote the book. It's instinct parenting. You know what your babies cry means. You can anticipate their needs because you know their cues. It's also not an all or nothing approach. Breast feeding, baby wearing and co-sleeping are encouraged, but not a "requirement" to be AP. I highly recommend the Dr. Sears book Attachment Parenting. Barnes & Nobel has it. Oh, and the one thing it is NOT is indulgent parenting! It is not about giving in to your child's every whim (well, except when they're newborns... Their needs are not wants at that point). It's about boundaries and respect. Good luck, momma!
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 8:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Attachment parenting is sort of a gentler approach to parenting. It involves cosleeping, babywearing (baby in a sling), and breast feeding. I don't know all about the ins and outs of it. I am sure there are some books on it at your local bookstore. Go in and poke around the books for a while and see if it fits with your philosophy.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2010