No appetite...is this normal?

I'm 6weeks and feeling tired, constipated, dizzy even I'm sitting down sometimes. The worst thing is I have no appetite, the smell of food or anything makes me nauseous. I don't feel like eating at all, but I feel hungry. I'm worry I don't give my baby enough nutrition. Anyone experience this? This has been going on for 2 weeks. What can I do to open my appetite?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had the same thing happen to me...even with the dizziness. You're right, that you still need to supply nutrition...even crackers make you nauseous? Have you talked to your doctor?? If not, definitely check in with them and see if there is a supplement that you can take until your morning sickness (which is what you are most likely experiencing) has passed. (two weeks is getting to be a long time not eating anything of real substance) Forcing yourself to eat what used to be pleasurable pre-pregnancy is not always going to work...you may just end up getting sick anyway. Good luck!!
    mknjq

Answer by mknjq at 9:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Try some saltine crackers... Good luck...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• In both of my pregnancies I also had no appetite in the very beginning. My doctor was not too concerned. The fetus is so small and not sucking as many nutrients from you as it will later in pregnancy. Just be sure to take your pre-natels. I survived on soup broth, tortilla chips and freezee pops for a few weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2010