My DD is turning 1 and I want to start her a collection but I'm not sure what

I was thinking precious moments but I'm not sure. I want it to be something that she will like as she gets older. What do you think will be a nice collection for her. Something from her Mommy ever year.

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Christmas ornaments are nice collection pieces.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I would pick something she has an interest in. For example, if she likes Disney movies start collecting Disney stuff. They have Christmas ornaments, snow globes, dolls ect. Maybe Barbie dolls or porcelain dolls.  It will have more meaning to her if it is something she likes.  She's not going to appreciate a Barbie collection if she plays with GI Joe, kwim.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Sylvannian famileis my kids love them.
    mommysarah862

Answer by mommysarah862 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Angels, Precious Moments are nice but can get expensive, snow globes, Christmas ornaments, jewelry. I collect all kinds of pink roses for my dd, since her room theme is roses.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• charm bracelet with charms? i would LOVE to do that... but i have 2 girls, and one on the wayy. HAHAHA!
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I love the idea of Christmas Ornaments,, you could buy one on each specail occasion, and when she is all grown up, she will have such good memories when she decorates the tree! Precious Moments are cute, but she might out grow them. The other thing I was thinking of was books...I have found so many good books of my own moms that go out of print or what not...alot of times they have signings at bookstores with the authors,, can you imagine getting to be 20 and have a whole collection of signed books, not only would it be neat , books like this increase in value! One note, if you start with kid books, buy 2 one to have to read and one signed one to put away! I wish my mom and kept all of my Shel Silverstein books!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2010