Cereal....

I just got lectured for giving my son cherrios for breakfast.... hes almost 4 and loves his cereals....
They say that cereal isnt healthy and that children should avoid it at all costs and that theres no such thing as genetic health probs (diabetes, high blood pressure etc) that its all nutritional....Blame the way parents fed you, and the way you feed your kids....
They also said SOY (any soy based product..even MAYO) can lead to homosexuality...
Whats your opinion on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Health

• where did you hear this nonsense? I'm a state nutritionist in Missouri and I would be very curious to know who is giving this info.
    mombychoice1982

Answer by mombychoice1982 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i think thats just crazy and how is cheerios not healthy.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 9:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• POSTER: They worship an "angel" called Delamer Duverus....... They get their info from him and from various internet research...idk i think they are crazy... they called me lazy, a bad mom and selfish for letting my son eat cereal, then said it was GOD talking through them....
    www.westonaprice.org is their nutritional site....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• OP: they said theres been studies where RATs live longer eating the box cherrios come in than cherrios themselves... idk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• wow, I would move far, far away from "they"
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• This pretty much goes for all people...if it is not coming from a state organization or Dr in a hospital/dr's office. Maybe you should think twice before listening. There might be a reason the "Dr" is not working in a real practice setting. Dietitians/Pediatricians know more than every one else when it comes to your child's eating habits. This includes the internet, your parents/grandparents, and anyone posting on this site. If you have questions ask a Doctor or dietitian. Anything else and you are risking your child's health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• That SOY can lead to homosexuality? LOL.That is the funniest thing I ever heard! No offense.

I don't eat cereal, am not overweight, and have high blood pressure. As my mom, dad, and grandparents do/did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i have heard that there is something in soy that is similar in structure to a hormone...so your body could use it as a hormone. i never really looked into it, b/c we don't do very much soy. i don't think that it can lead to homosexuality. there are also issues with soy not being "clean" too.
    we don't do dairy in our house, but my little kids snack on cheerios a lot. i guess i will look into that. oatmeal is a healthy breakfast, unless you have gluten issues...and it is quick and easy : )
    personally, i do believe that the further removed a food source is from its natural state, the less goodness it has for you. i also believe that your emotional health and your nutrition have the largest impact on your physical health, strength, and longevity. i think it is far too easy to blame diabetes and high blood pressure on genetics rather than investigating your lifestyle and making appropriate adjustments.
    sorry you got lectured though
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• If you listen to crazy people they are going to tell you crazy things. Just sayin'.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Who is telling you this stuff?  And more importantly, why are you listening to them?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2010