Constipated 4mo old

DD has been really constipated this week. She is ff fed. It hadn't been bothering her, I'd just find the little bitty hard turd in her diapers. Then yesterday morning she screamed and cried for 30 min trying to poop! I was rubbing her belly and working her legs. I got some baby prune juice and put half an ounce in her bottle. Still waiting for results. She only poops once a day anyways. Is there anything else I can do for her? It about broke my heart hearing her scream the way she was yesterday!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• you can give her a little water, or talk to your Dr about a glycerin suppository or warm saline enema
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Check with the peditrician, but in the mean time if she is on formula that might be the problem. They have so many brands out there, you might have to switch.

Try to give the baby more water, it actually makes the stool softer, and giving the baby the prune juice should help. There are laxatives but you must speak to the peditrician, I remember putting a teaspon of some kind of oil- it actually loosened the stool. I forgot the name of it, but it was all natural, you buy it from the super market.

Talk to your ped. it has been 5 years.
    Good luck

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2010