Does this bother you?

It seems like everyone (gma, Dh, my mom...) all assume that I just sit around with the baby all day. I hold her all day and never put her down and she's sooooooo spoiled. I am sorry, are you here with me during the day? Are you here when I cook dinner and do laundry and pick up the house and get ready for work? I don't think so! I'm so sick of hearing this! My grandma actaully made a comment about how I should try harder to clean during the day instead of playing with DD (who is only 3 months). I'm sorry I am working 30 hours a week too. I HATE leaving her. I feel so bad everyime I drop her off. Do I cuddle her alot during the day? Yea I do because I have to take her to the babysitter at 2, and when I get home at night she's already in bed. Do I do my housework? Yes! Why do people automatically assume that EVERY newborn is spoiled and only held all the time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hold them as long as you can, don't listen to what everyone says.

This is the bonding time for your baby and you. I miss it so much, they grow so quick. I wish I could turn back time with everyone of my kids, and I would snuggle as much as I can.

We snuggle today, they are 6,7,11,14. They are my babies, and I love them dearly.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• see? that ticks me off. You shouldnt have to explain yourself, if you want to cuddle your baby allllll day that's your business, your child, your business. You're not beating her or starving her, so it's not of their concern. I'm in a similar situation as you, except my son is 2. i work the same hours and yeah, i hold my boy a lot, but he also has play time by himself and we do play, i love him and he's fun to be with so screw everyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Eh dont let em get to ya. I spoiled mine as much as i could before i had to go back to work.... Its a mommy thing... its not easy leaving your baby during the day when you could be home bonding.... and i think that that bond is very important to a parent child relationship too... Ur not doin anything wrong by cuddling ur baby.... Babys emotional development is more important that basic everyday household chores.... laundry can wait til baby goes to bed or til after work..... in my opinion....
    I treasure the time i have with my kids... they grow WAY to quick
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 10:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• You can't spoil a baby with too much love. Ignore them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• UGGG! Yes your enganging in criminal activity, lol! You can never love a baby too much! Don't mind what others say! Keep on lovin' her up, and we shall see when she is well adjusted and stable, what bone they can pick with you then! HUGS MOMMY!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i rarely put my first son down the first 6 months. i would have been that way with all of them if it were possible : )
    it can be difficult as a first time parent hearing all of the opinions and advice that people give. i remember feeling bullied sometimes! nothing is more important than a mommys intuition! just try to let their words fall off your back like water on a duck's tail!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Omg that does bother me I have a 2 month old son and he wont sleep sometimes unless I hold him , of which he came up with that on his own . I hate it when other people just assume that because you love and care for your child that you spoiled them. Is it so hard for people to believe that babies just come into the world already wanted to be with you all the time .
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 10:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• people only make assumptions and say what they hear and see. i'm sure we all do it but sometimes pple need to keep thier opinions to themselves if they dont know the your real life.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• There were days I did absolutely nothing all day but hold them or nurse them (holding required). I didn't have a job to go to, and my house was livable but nobdoy would have described it as clean. They are all grown now. Honor students. I think your grandma is jeolous. If your DH is complaining go on a housework strike. Hold your baby. Before you know it she will be walking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Women from different generations have different opinions on child-raising and mothering. Don't explain yourself, just politely tell them that you love them and care for them and appreciate their opinions most of the time, but if they are going to insult you then you will have to leave the room. They have to learn that they are hurting your feelings and watch what they say.
    There is no woman, mother or not, who will ever agree with any other mother's parenting style, no matter what she does.
    God bless you and take care. Give your little one a little hug for me :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:12 AM on Apr. 13, 2010