Help my 3 yr old has bad egzema

Hello mommies I have a question
My 3 yr old has all of a sudden got very bad egzema. He has it all over his body and he is so itchy and has scratches all over himself.. I could use some help this is all new to me..
Thanks
Tracie

andersonboys3

Asked by andersonboys3 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Health

• my daughter's ped gave us some cetaphil for her really dry skin. there is also an ointment she gave us for the little patches of exzema. but anyways, just ask his ped, or go to a drugstore and ask the pharmacist. im sure walmart carries different ointments. the main thing is to keep it moisturized.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Go to the doctor and get the creme, don't let it spread that is really the only way to control it.

Also, when it does heal there is over the counter lotion you can use, and it keeps it from flaring out. Speak to the doctor my daughter is 11 now so it might be a diffrent brand.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• bathe him less often and put on a lanolin or petroleum based moisurizer while his skin is still damp from his bath. Put him in natural fiber clothes.Reduce certain foods like dairy,wheat to see if its a food allergy.See the pediatrician.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• take him to the ped. they'll suggest something for his eczema. my dd has it and they prescribed an ointment but she's a bit older.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Butt Paste,, this is a miracle,, also try bathing in apricot oil! If it is really bad, take him to the doctor, you want to be sure it isn't some kind of fungal infection, good luck momma and hugs to you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• since this is new and sudden, i would examine everything new in your son's world. new detergent, soap, food, beverage, household cleaner, lawn treatment, have you gone to a new park...have carpets been cleaned at home or at daycare? lotions and creams may be ok to use, but finding the trigger would be the best thing in the long run.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I would take him to the dr. first just incase its not something else. Me and my kids all have eczema and we all bath everyother day, use plenty of lotion and hydracortizone always worked good too. Sometimes certain things will make the eczema flair up. Allegies can, with me its dish soap my hands breakout so bad that all the little red bumps turn into bumps with like puss (gross i know) and i cant even wash my own hair.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Soak him in a tub with some cornstartch...Worked wanders on my dd...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 10:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• thank you so much.. my husband and I are into the no antibiotics for the kids we like to do the natural thing..I am going to go to cvs and get cream.. but the main thing is keeping it moist.. thanks moms..
    andersonboys3

Answer by andersonboys3 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• MynDD has excema really bad too. we but the Eucerin body was in a gold clear bottle and lather up with the Eucerin Calming Creme. Worked wonders on her. She also has been prescribed some ointments to put on the really bad spots..you don't want to use them for too long though.. because they can make their skin lighten in the places you use it. Good Luck!
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 13, 2010