weight watchers while pregnant??

My doctor said it is ok for me to do weight watchers while pregnant. I am about 40 lbs over weight and 3 months pregnant. I had preeclampsia last time that caused my son to be in the NICU and I had to have an emergency c-section. I just havnt ever heard of anyone being on WW while pregnant. I have did it in the past though and know its just healthy eating its not depriving yourself and being that I go to the doctor every month she said she will keep an eye on my weight. What do you think about this?

Ilovemychi

Asked by Ilovemychi at 10:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Weight Watchers is not a diet. You eat very healthy exactly what you should be eating and, they give you exactly te amount of calories you need. If you were at a healthy weight, you wouldn't lose weight on it, but, if you are overweight, you will. It helps by giving healthy guidelines to go by. You can safely do weight watchers while pregnant and breast feeding. It is not like any diet out there.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• like you already said, weight watchers is typically healthy eating.(personally, i am no fan of the packaged ww food products) that is what you are supposed to do when you are pregnant : ) the dieting you are not supposed to do is calorie restriction. just be sure you are getting the proper foods in the proper amounts. you may also want to investigate eating extra protein to ward off preeclampsia for this pregnancy.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i think if your doc OK's it and you are not restricting the calories needed for a healthy baby to grow, then go for it. Eating healthy is not a bad thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• hmm! I never heard of extra protien helping preeclampsia! Ill have to look into that, I know right now i've been keeping an eye on sodium intake.
    Ive did weight watchers for a year or so in the past for weight loss and loved it. I have a ton of great recipes from it that my whole family loves. I don't do the pre packaged meals for 1, they are high in sodium and 2 , the portions are small and just dont do it for me! haha, So ill generally make a healthy meal and a big salad on the side . Its been a while since ive done this though, so I'll have to brush up on it.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 10:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Oh yeah..I forgot to add:Happy2bmom25 is right. Do not buy the frozen/pre-packaged meals. Only the real foods. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:28 AM on Apr. 13, 2010