What activities do you do with your children on rainy days?

Its a rainy day here today.And my brain is apparently taking a break because I can't seem to think of anything fun to do for the kiddos,lol. Its been so nice here lately that we've been spending lots of time outside,so I guess I'm in gear for that now I have to put it in reverse,lol.
What kind of rainy day activities do you do with your kiddos?
I have my 14 month old daughter and I'm watching a 3 year old...my 10 year old is in school. If he was here, he'd know what to do,LOL.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Get out your hair dryer and a scarf or a feather....they will LOVE this!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I hide a stuff animal and play hot and cold. Kind of like hide and seek when they get close I say hot, when they get away from teddy I say cold. I also play hide and seek and I am usually it. :)

I also paint with them, they love to paint.

I let them wash dishes in a bowl full of bubbles. We read, play the wii when we are tired of everything else. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• 3 and 14 mo huh? at those ages we have done the following
    sugar cookies (make , cut , bake and decorate)
    paint
    make forts
    make penutbutter playdough, play and let them eat it
    or just sit on the floor and play with their toys with them.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i do simple "magic" tricks for my 3 year old.

i do the "volcano" thing (minus the volcano) in a small container. (3 scoops of baking soda and a splash of vinegar)

i also do the "runaway pepper" trick (fill a small bowl with water, sprinkle pepper all over the surface of the water, put a drop of dish soap on the tip of their finger, they touch it to the top of the water and the pepper "runs" away from the soap)

another one my daughter gets a kick out of is "skating cups" take a styrofoam or plastic cup, on a flat glass-like surface, put a little bit of water, drop the cup open side down so that it creates a "vacuum", the cup *should* slide around as the air tries to escape from the cup.

other than that, we bake, give her tons of colouring books or paper to draw pictures, play games, and then when my energy runs out but she still has tons, i throw on a wiggles video and let her dance until she is so tired she sleeps lol.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• We usually play in the rain...lol
    Balloons and a laundry basket, honey.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2010