Insurance

My son was on medicaid his first two years. I was looking at different rates for him and they go significantly down when he turns two. I was thinking to take him off of medicaid and let someone who needs it more have it. Am I foolish. A friend of mine thinks it's foolish.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If you can afford the insurance then go for it. You will have new bills to consider other than the monthly premium like deductibles, co-pays, and what the insurance doesn't cover. Some people believe that insurance covers everything. Not true. But you do need to know that you are not keeping anyone from getting medicaid. No one is waiting on you to get off it so they can get on it. Just make sure you can afford to have him on insurance first. And look at the cost past the age of two. It may go up in a couple of years. That may be a first year premium and it will go up the next year. Read the fine print and ask questions. Privateinsurance can be very confusing.  Also look into some other programs your county/state provide.  Here we have an insurance program here that is like medicaid, but is for those who make too much for it and not enough for private.  It's for kids only. 

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Why is it foolish to take care of your own child? If you can afford it then you should do it, otherwise it is taking advantage of the stupid system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Ignore everyone else's advice and do what you believe is right in your heart and what you are able to do. {hugs}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I would say I do agree with miss sunshine , it's up to you but don't forget all the factors that come with paying out of pocket compared to free because you couldn't pay for it youre self. Don't let others influence your decision on this one
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 11:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• If you can afford to buy him insurance and get off medicaid, you're not foolish. Too many people are taking advantage and I can completely understand wanting to provide for him yourself. That is what an adult does. Don't listen to your friend about this if they are calling you foolish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• If you can afford it- then pay for it your self. Your foolish friend must also be on P.A. & willing to mooch forever.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2010