Crazy neighbor calls DCFS

We have a crazy neighbor who is currently in a legal battle with our condo association (she owes a lot of money). It's pretty ugly and my SO who is involved with the association just got summoned to testify. 2 days after our neighbor was served with the papers stating my SO will be testifying she called the child abuse hotline and made up a crazy story about hearing our child being abused, she said she heard him screaming and us taping his mouth shut and then him struggling to breath and talk (crazy!!!). The investigator even laughed when she told me the ridiculous story and they didn't pursue it further because we were actually out of town when the neighbor claimed she was hearing this abuse! Anyway, I am worried she will just keep calling and making up stories, what do I do? I am so paranoid. This has never happened to us before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• She may keep calling, but sounds like they won't be taking her very seriously if they laughed it off. You may want to inform the condo association of what is going on. They should inform their lawyer that you are being harrased by this woman, they may have better advice as to what could and should be done. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• She will get fined & charged if she continues to make false allegations to them. She's wasting their time.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 11:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Just keep doing what you do, and ignore her stupid calls.

I would just notify the police in writing be sure they are aware of the situation, notify d in writing. I saw that on some web site.

Does anyone else have kids in the building??? It could be true but could be someone else, you never know.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Good advice ladies thanks! Yes, there is another child my son's age in the building, we thought about that too, that it might have been them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• They will figure out that it's a crock. Don't worry too much. Also, you can sue her for harrassment and you can have DCFS turn over her info to a Judge if they find she was harrassing you.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2010