Should I get a laptop or a desktop computer for my daughter and I?

I don't have a computer of any kind in my house. My daughter is 6 yrs. old. I want a computer for her and I for school work, etc. I live in a small condo. In her room I have a computer desk. If I got a desktop computer it would have to go there. Though it would be nice to have a laptop for when she is asleep I don't have to go in her room while she is sleeping and possibly wake her up. But she might be to rough for a laptop. What is your opinion?

MWood123

Asked by MWood123 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• get a desk top and keep it in visible sight so you can monitor what shes doing.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 11:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Get her a laptop. It helps to monitor the time the child is on the computer. I tell my son that when the battery runs out it is time to take a break,
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 11:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I'd get a laptop. Unless you plan on installing a lot of games and programs a laptop is really all you need. Plus you know how kids are and computers can be delicate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I have a laptop and a desk top although I am not using the laptop at the moment because the screen is broke (DH was walking down the stairs with it and tripped over a hoe my DD left on the step) so I don't have one right now until I get it fixed. But my DD will be 5 she has been using my laptop since she was 4. She does really well with both computers. I put on what I want her to be on I always know what she is on. If she would be on my laptop I would put it at the table and she WAS NOT aloud to move it from that spot. My DD done really good with our laptop and this desk top so I would say to get whatever you want to get, but I honestly wouldn't put a computer of any kind in her room.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• A lap top move convient, takes up less room.

Just have her sit at the table with you when she needs to use it, that way you can teach her, and watch her.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I bought my son a desktop..and will get him a laptop as he starts 12th grade to take with him and then to take to college.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Laptops and I would NOT put a computer of any kind in a 6 yr olds room. My son and I both have laptops. I need to be able to take mine to school and work and he takes his between our house, grandparents and his "dads". He will eventually be able to take it to high school with him too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i would go with a laptop..theyre so much more convieniant!! my daughters been on mine since she was 3..never had any problems.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I say laptop.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2010