Yeast Infection during pregnancy... TMI

I ONLY get them during the first 8 wks or so of pregnancy. I am only a handful of weeks along, and don't have an appointment until the 20th. My new OB is 60mi away, and I don't even know which doctor it is at the clinic.

Do you know of any homeopathic ways to get rid of a yeast infection? It's about to drive me nuts, and I can't have intercourse until it's gone because DH gets them from me! I heard of flushing with plain greek yogurt over night, but I'm not sure what that'll do since I'm pregnant... wasn't going to try an OTC med, solely because it's OTC.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You need to call the dr and see if they will ok an OTC med or something else. There aren't any homeopathic aids, that I'm aware of, for yeast infections. I used Monistat, but I didn't put it all the way up to the cervix.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I've used OTC while pregnant, after the doc said it's ok. IDK about anything homeopathic.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i got yeast infections while i was prego too...i used the store bought yeast infection vaginal insert kit just like any other day i would, my kids turned out normal.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• dont you have a clinic nurse line to call just to ask if its safe? well i would call that first.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Eat yogurt. That always helps mine. Monistat is safe while pregnant, according to my OB.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Eat lots of yogurt and then eat a cup of it every day afterwards and that should help maintain the infections so you don't get them as often or at all. As for the OTC med,call the doctors office, I'm sure they can answer your question over the phone. Hope it goes away soon! I know how yucky they feel,especially during pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Call your dr - yeast infections while pregnant are notoriously hard to get rid of! My dr gave me oral prescription med that was safe during pregnancy. (I had one at 25 weeks)

Answer by missanc at 11:54 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I used OTC monistate which my doc told me to use.... call and ask a nurse but I am sure that would be just fine...gl
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 12:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Okay, here's what you do, and this will work in 1-2 days and it'll be totally gone (depending on the severity of your infection). Oh, and I've used this method during both my pregnancies multiple times and it is safe. Take 1 clove of garlic (one of the small sections of the entire globe), peel the papery skin off of it. I usually make a few knicks in the clove first with my fingernail, but that is optional. Insert the clove in your vagina. Some women will thread a string through one end for easy removal, but I've always found that the darn thing falls out sometimes when I use the restroom so I've never had to do that. Be sure to replace the clove each day otherwise. Works wonders and takes the itching away! Good luck, I know how terrible yeast infections can be.
    Anonymous

• lots of yogurt. lots of water. call and ask your doctor and ask if you can take acidophilis.
    i had BAD yeast infections for the first trimester, and used monistat.
    Good Luck!
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 3:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2010