What to wear to job interview.

I was thinking a suit but my friend said suits are so yesterday. Ladies???

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I think it depends on what kind of job you are interviewing for. A suit isn't so yesterday if you would be wearing one for the job.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Wow, you taught me something.

Depending on the position I would think you would wear a suit.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• It depends on the company and type of job. I have always heard you should try to dress one step up from what you would wear as an employee there. So, if employees wear jeans, you wear business casual, etc. If the company/job is normally business attire, you should wear a suit to the interview.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• If it's a corporate job or a job where you regularly wear business attire I would go with a suit. If it's a more casual place that cares more about appearance then professionalism I would dress business but trendy business. If it's a place you would wear casual clothes most of the time wear business casual like closed toed shoes, slacks, and a button down shirt in a color. Don't dress in black and white then you look like a waiter and if you're applying for position it's never a good thing.
    Anonymous

• Google search: Interview clothing. It'll give you some ideas of the latest trends.
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 1:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• You can't go wrong with a suit. The rule of thumb is to dress at least one level above the company dress code; for example, if they wear jeans, you wear khakis.
    Do your research and be prepared with great questions and answers; bring at least two hard copies of your resume; be sure to send an individual thank you note (email is fine) to each person you meet with.
    I do career and job search coaching; send me a message offlist if you have any questions about interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2010