What would you have done?

Yesterday, I took my Daughter to the Doc because she was sick. Well... Their were quite a few other kids there, they have this playhouse in the Doc Office and it has a slide. Their was this little boy he was about 8 or 9, his mom was telling him to not do something. Next thing I know he flipped her off in front of everybody in the office. What would you have done if that was your child?

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 11:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would have taken him by his arm and placed him next to me and told him not to move, then deal with it later on at home.

Answer by older at 11:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I agree with OLDER.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• If I was that mom and that kid, probably nothing, which is what I'm guessing happened.

Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• well if he did that to her, he obviously has done it before and it is probably accepted in their house ...

I personally wouldnt ever let my kids do and i automatically think lower of a parent whos child does do it ( espeically right in front of her--- and I do understand that some kids will and do, do that...but since it was in front of her, its different)......anyways if I was his mother, i would have yanked him over to where I was sitting and make him sit next to me, and when we got home I would make him do some sort of chore that he wouldnt like and take away his favorite toy....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:56 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I would have made mine sit next to me and then I'd punish him later (take away privileges). But then again, my kids never did stuff like that.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I would have had him come sit next to me.....I'm sure it was extremley embarrassing for the mother. I know that my son is not perfect all the time and when he does things that I don't approve of in public I get really embarrassed and try not to make a bigger scene and then I deal with it in private.
    Anonymous

• I just thought it was very disrespectful of the Child, he knew he wasn't suppose to do it. Because, soon as he done it he had a big smile on his face and ran. I mean I wouldn't sit there and just do "Nothing", while my kid flipped me off that would make me look like a bad parent.
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 1:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I would have calmly asked my son to step outside with me, get down on his level, ask him why he did that... Tell him it was rude and wrong and never to do it again. I would give him a hug and go back into the doctors office.
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 1:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i would have hoped that i would have removed my child before someone got hurt. i would have made him apologize for sure, and check to see if there was anything he could do to help the other child feel better. then my naughty child would have to sit next to me, he would lose his nintendo (or whatever he loves) for days. i would have apologized to the other child and the other child's mom as well. i would feel soooo ashamed.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2010