i really want and kinda need to lose weight...

any suggestions on how to? i have my dd who's 22 months old, and i keep a 6 month old little boy. i saw a little "workout routine" in cosmo this month and am thinking of trying that...but other than exercise, what do i need to cut as far as food and stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• cut out carbs -- the first day is hard, but then it gets really easy to do -- bread ( like breadsticks and sandwhiches was my favorite food) ....but I stopped eating sliced bread, buns, rolls...and then no noodles or no potatoes....

it helps you lose weight fast and its easy to keep it off as long as you stick to it....and sometimes you can still eat some ( like when we go out I usually still get pasta or something... its ok as long as you dont over do it all the time...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• It depends on what you eat. Most of the time all you need to do is cut back. Eat smaller portions, more veggies, less fast food. I cut out sodas, sweet tea, sweets, fast food, and processed foods (boxed meals like hamburger helper). That's what I ate too much of. So far I have lost 60 pounds and kept it off. I chose more of a lifestyle change than a diet. Diets are short term. You reach your goal weight and stop the diet. They are great when you need to lose a few pounds for a special occasion, but not for losing a significant amount of weight and keeping it off.  So look at what you eat.  Ask yourself if there is a healthier choice.  Do I really need to eat this?  Am I hungry or is this a craving?  Drink lots of water and take a multivitamin too. (that also helps your skin, hair, and nails.)

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Atkins came out with a new low carb diet, a lot more linent than the old one, cutting carbs makes your body go and burn the carbs you store as fat and melts them down since you are not consuming much of them. This diet allows you to east a lot of foods you normally wouldn't eat in any other diet and if done correctly it can be a quick way to loose it all. One draw back is you can't cheat, cutting out the carbs considerably will not only loose weight but inches, get the book and read it.

Answer by older at 12:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Whole grains, Fruits, Veggies, Lowfat Dairy, Lean Meats...
    ...
    It'll help naturally while keeping a balanced diet.
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 1:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I lost weight following a nutritional rebalancing program and kept it off for almost 8 months now. Message me if you want the info.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 8:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2010