10 year old wetting the bed

My daughter has never had aproblem with wetting herself since she was potty trained 7 + years ago but now all of a sudden she has wet the bed 3 times in the last 2 weeks what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Take her to the doctor and have her checked out for any bladder infections.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• One I would check it out with your dr. like the above poster
    Two is there anything else that's different? That's one of the signs of abuse, is there anyone new in your life? Anything weird have of her relationships with others seemed different?
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My half-sister used to wet the bed until she was older because she was afraid to get yelled at for not going to bed. So she'd stay in bed all night, and eventually wet herself.... then get yelled at for wetting the bed. Talk about screwing with a poor girls head.
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 1:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Make sure she isn't drinking water before bedtime. Make sure she empties her bladder before going to bed. If it continues, ask her what's up? Is she watching scary movies before bed? Is something bothering her or scaring her at school or in the neighborhood? Are any adults making her nervous or touching her inappropriately, especially at night? Does she hear sounds at night that scare her?

Answer by admckenzie at 7:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2010