DO you think that drinking a cup and a half of coffee daily while pregnant is okay?

I'm on my 3rd pregnancy. 1st pregnancy, I did everything by the book..seriously..I didn't even eat CHOCOLATE because it had caffiene in it,lol.
2nd pregnancy, I was a little more lienient with my intake..I occassionally snuck in the french vanilla cappucino (YUM!) and once n awhile had a soda. Okay,Okay..I even indulged in greasy cheeseburgers and french fries from time to time,lol.
So here I am on the 3rd pregnancy. I am a little older now (over 30),a little more run ragged keeping up with everything ...and coffee has kept me going.
I really never drank that much of it, mostly just 1,maybe 2 cups of coffee a day.

Now, I use a large cup and its about a cup and half size. Do you think it would be safe to drink one cup full a day while pregnant? I don't make it strong.And I get the mild.And Yes..I definitley need it with caffiene..pointless to buy it without,lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I think its fine. My Dr. told me that up to 2 cups a day were ok, but if you are drinking that you should watch caffeine in other things you might be drinking/eating. I can't function without caffeine, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Have you tried decaf????????
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I drank caffine all throughout my pregnancies with my OB's blessing. She limited me to 3 mugs or drinks per day.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My kids are fine too. Had coffee and coke.
    Anonymous

• Thanks guys, good to know I'm not the only one that NEEDS caffiene, LOL.
    Anonymous

• I love coffee ! & who doesn't?!? right?!? I guess, its ok. As long as u LIMIT ur intake=) a cup a day, should not hurt the baby=) I think , just my opinion=) just make sure, ur drinking the mild one & put some creamer on it!=) gud luck to u momma!
    Anonymous

• sure 1-2 cups is not excessive and won't harm the baby ,if you can stomach it then go for it...I love love love coffee but it always made me sick as a dog when pregnant. along with anything that had caffeine in it.

munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 12:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Drank Mocha Fraps EVERYday with both kids.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I had told my OB that I quit all forms of caffeine and she said that that was great, but women can have up to 2 cups of coffee per day without negative effects to the baby.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My doc allows me one cup of coffee and one CANNED soda a day. So I guess that's about two cups of coffee. I don't think it will hurt anything.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 1:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2010