No matter your feelings...

Tipping! If you do tip....how much? If you don't or very little...why not?

madetobeamom

Asked by madetobeamom at 12:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • I tip when it is deserved, I don't feel obligated. I do it because they deserve it.

Depending on the help, 15% maybe more if they were really good. I am not rich, but will not skip the tip. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I was a food server for 11 years. I tip 15% even if the service is crap. I tip 20% and more if it's above average.
    I'm still in the service industry, but not food. I treat people the way I want to be treated.
    Allow

Answer by Allow at 12:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I always tip. Even if the service wasn't that great I tip 10% if it was good I'll tip more. I'm a waitress. I do it for fun, don't really need to, but I hate it when people don't tip. I only get paid 3 bucks an hour. Im a good waitress. I ran my butt off for you. Tip. Otherwise I basically did it for free. That sucks.  If I wanted to work for free I'd be at home.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• 15-20 percent. haircut is usually 15 and dining out is 20
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Hey...btw...why would you tip a hairdresser? They make way more than $3.00/hr. I've not understood that. Somebody, please enlighten me!
    madetobeamom

Answer by madetobeamom at 8:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Because it's a service. Typically, hairdressers, estheticians and nail tech's make commission. The only time tipping is not necessary is when it's the owner of the business.
    Allow

Answer by Allow at 10:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2010