Does your child know thier adress and phone number by heart?

This is awful but mine does not! He is 10 years old and we have moved around so much that he has never had the chance to memorize an adress or phone number. We finally bought a house and have settled down..FINALLY. And I was suprised when I asked him if he knew our address and he said no. I guess I never really put too much thought into it until now.
10 years old and doesn't remember an adress, I think thats horrible. I feel just awful. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• My two older kids do. Don't feel bad, just help him learn it so that if he ever needs it, he'll know!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Don't feel awful, but definitly make sure he remembers it.

You are human and we all make mistakes, now you can fix it. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My son turned 8 yesterday and he has know our adresse, city, state, my ph numb, and dh's ph numb for about a year.

youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• You've moved a lot. I don't think it's odd that he doesn't know these things. BUT, he can certainly learn them. Help him memorize the information. He's old enough to master it and to do so with relative ease.

Anonymous

• I had to use a song to teach my kids.... my ten year old knows all the info, but we've been here almost two years. My (almost) five year old only knows the numbers on the box and the street name. He doesn't know the city, state, or my cell phone number.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Mine is only two, so we're still working on learning our last name!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 1:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• my kids don't know either, and my oldest is 6. i feel bad. i remember my little brother being able to recite our address when he was 4. we don't even have a land line. when we were kids you didn't have to use an area code for a telephone number, so now there are 3 more digits! i think we will work on it this summer though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2010