prepaid phones, anyone know what it costs to add minutes to these?

We have one cell phone right now. We figure once we get our own place we will get a house phone with our internet and cable. But I know there will be times I take the kids elsewhere, and I want to let my DH use the cell. So I was curious what these prepay phones run. I won't use a phone often enough to pay another 50 or so a month for a phone. Any info..thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a tracfone. It works for me because I rarely use it except when I am out, as you are describing. I work from home on my computer, so I do all of my texting for free through IM. I only pay about $20 every three months to keep it running, and that is because my time has expired, not my minutes.
    Anonymous

• i have verizon. it depends on the plan you get but they sell 15 dollar cards 30 dollar cards and i think 50 75 and 100. the 15 usually lasts me about a week and a half depending on how much i use it. i have night and weekend minutes and a texting package on it. it costs $2 if i use if in a day and 10 cents a minute. they offer several pre pad plans though.
    Anonymous

• I have a Virgin Mobile. The phone was around $15 and I pay $30 for 400 minutes and I only add minutes to the phone every few months
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2010