For moms who have had multiple pregnancies...

Did you become a little more lienient with each pregnancy?
I know with my first I truly did try to buy every pregnancy book I could find and I did exactly what I read I was supposed to do. I loved those books,lol. I wouldn't drink caffeine.I wouldn't eat anything greasy. I ate fish only 1x a week. I balanced out all my meals. I ate better then than I ever have in my entire life, LOL.Every movement,or every NONmovement I was concerned about and calling the doctor.I was just a crazy pregnanct woman,lol.
Now I'm just like...so much more laid back about being pregnant.I think the only thing that I am truly really strict on still is staying away from cigarette smoke. Did you become more lienient with each pregnancy too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yep.... just like you I read everything I could get my hands on with my first as I was worried about all kinds of silly things (or, what I now know are silly things)

Now that I have three kids, I rarely find an article about pregnancy or parenting that I haven't already seen (the ideas anyway). I am still careful, and mindful, but not nearly as worried about messing things up :)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I think so. With my first I never even took a tylenol for a headache even though they say you can. Not saying I got all crazy & just did "everything" but I wasnt as worried about it now that I knew more. All my children are very healthy. I have 6.
    Anonymous

• I was the opposite. I was young and carefree with my first, and I thought it was just a natural process and everything would be fine. After several years of fertility treatments and a miscarriage before conceiving my second I was very paranoid and not nearly as optimistic that everything was going to be fine. I was crazy cautious with my second.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I gave birth to my first child 11 months ago and while pregnant with him I bought every book and lived by every book... This pregnancy, not so much :)
    tasase

Answer by tasase at 3:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I was the opposite also! I was not worried about too much with my first, because I didnt know what to expect. I had 3 more babies after that and with each one I worried more! Once you have kids you hear more stories about all the things that can go wrong and that worried me LoL Every pain, I wondered "was that normal??" I was definately more scared when it came time for delivery because I remember how painful it is! Thats just my story :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 5:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2010