I'm so sick of dealing with this BS (ranting) UPDATED!

I got married in Dec. 2008 while I was still in college. In may of 09 I found out I was pregnant .I was getting ready to graduate and had a job lined up. Tried to apply for medicad and got denied. Then my insurance for work kicked in about 3 months later. But when I was 30 weeks pregnant I started to go into premature labor and had to cut back my hours to part time and lost my insurance. I applied for medicad again, and got denied again... After DD was born I was forced to quit my job. So now I'm working at a pizza place making min. wage less than 30 hours a week. We applied to medicad for the a third time. Now they are saying that DD will be covered back to dec. But I can't get covered to pay the midwife because i made to much. How in the HELL did I make too much money??? DH makes min wage working 40 hrs a week. I do good to make 150$ a week. And now apparently I have to pull 5000$ out of my ass to pay my midwife!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OP--- Ok so when I applied for Medicad the woman put me down to apply for food stamps too. I want to someone to explain me to why I can 500$ in food stamps but I can't get my freaking doctors bills covered!????????????????????
    Anonymous

• too bad you're not an illegal immigrant! Just this morning I was looking up info for my state's insurance coverage for my kids and there was a whole section devoted to "please don't be afraid to apply, even if you are not here legally. You may still qualify and we won't tell on you!" Ok maybe not those words but that was the gist.
    Anonymous

• Contact the supervisor of the caseworker that did your intake. Keep calling. Keep complaining.Someone down the road might see what the problem is and they might fix it. I know it is crazy. They have some strange rules.
    Did you know that a homeless person without an address can't get foodstamps? They MUST provide an address.Figure that one out. lol. Takes sense to make sense it what I always say.
    Anonymous

• I know it's crazy! We are in the same boat. I can get food stamps but only the kids can get the state insurance. I can't complain to much though because I try to look to the positive of everything. The way I see it is at least my kids are covered. I can't wait to finish school so that we won't need help anymore.
    Anonymous