i just came babck from the doctor... he told me i did not diliate but the baby head is n the birth canel.... i wanna know with the baby head down n the birth canel will that help me dilate..... 39 weeks with my 1st baby

mslisha90

Asked by mslisha90 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It won't "help" you to dialate but the baby is getting itself ready for when you do begin to dialate. Contractions are what cause you to dialate. Good Luck and hang in there! Not much longer to go! Congratulations! :)
    Anonymous

• on top of that since saturday i been gettin period like pains wat can that b
    mslisha90

Answer by mslisha90 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• The period like pains sounds like Braxton Hicks.
    Anonymous

• everything is not happening like i was thinkin.... last week i went 2 the hospital n they told me i was a fingertip dilated but today my doctor told me i was not dilated
    mslisha90

Answer by mslisha90 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i start gettin pain really bad after the doctor checked me is that normal
    mslisha90

Answer by mslisha90 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Yes, getting some pain after the doctor checks you can be normal because it can trigger contractions..or Braxton Hicks.Thats why they say to have sex when you want to go into labor because messing around down there (plus the sperm) is supposed to cause contractions to begin. But that won't happen unless baby is truly ready to come into the world :)
    Anonymous

• the pain is down there stomach n also back pain.... n i do not knopw if this is contractions r braxton hicks happening.... wat is ways 2 make the baby come
    mslisha90

Answer by mslisha90 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Dialation happens with contractions, not the baby's position...if position had anything to do with it I would have continued dialating with my son rather than having him come out of an emergency c-section with more of a cone head than those babies born vaginally...but that is rare for it to happen like it did with me, normally your body will naturally dialate as needed with the contractions while those same contractions will be helping the baby into his/her position to come out. The period-like pains are most likely contractions, though if they are irregular (which you'd know if they were regular, trust me) they are most likely just BH contractions which are practice for the real thing. Pain after an exam is absolutely normal, but if it is more than just uncomfortable pressure & cramps you may want to ask your OB just in case (since exams, especially while dialated any, can cause infections). Good luck mama!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• c the thing is my doctor do not tell me nothin that is goin on with my baby..... if i call him now n tell him that im n pain he would say it is normal.... but some of the pain i do not feel like it is normal.....the hospital told me i was a fingertip dilated last week but my doctor told me i was not dilated
    mslisha90

Answer by mslisha90 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I went through several doctors during my pregnancy due to being both unsatisfied with their approach to my pregnancy, as well as a few that sent me to other doctors due to my complications...I am guessing it is really hard to find a doctor you feel is perfect when you have so many changes going on & so many questions & concerns. Lower stomach pain & back pain, I hate to say the same as everyone else, but it IS normal. That was always my least favorite phrase while I was pregnant, but it's true. Unfortunately that pain can last weeks, for some even months, at the end of a pregnancy (which is why so many woman try lots of things to try & make baby come out already...but baby will come when baby is ready unless something really does go wrong). If you get to the point where the pain is just unbarable or you really do feel something is just not right, skip the call & just go to L&D to at least be checked & monitored.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2010