Is this "normal"?

My lil girl will be 7 months on April 18th, and I'm wondering if it's "normal" that she doesn't like to enterain herself. She crawls ALL over the place but if I'm doing my hair or makeup & bring her bumbo seat into the bathroom with me (she has toys & books with her), she cries almost as soon as I sit her in it. She's fine crawling (for a certain amount of time), but I'm not gonna leave her crawling around while I'm in the other room...lol. She also doesn't like her jumper things anymore....is she just bored? Kinda silly, but thanks for your help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aww, its normal ma! She just doesn't want to be contained in one place. She wants to explore her world.It sounds like she's just getting frustrated and crying because she wants to move move move! lol.
    Anonymous

• Lol...I don't wanna contain her either, but it's hard to get ready for the day when she 'won't let me'! jk, I try to play games with her while I'm doing my thing, but I don't want her cry or get hurt, & I also don't wanna be late for school & work!!! lol
    Anonymous

• It sounds like she loves crawling at the moment and if you take her away from that activity she gets annoyed....my 10 month old likes to sit still less and less these days. I do the same thing (bring the bumbo in the bathroom) to get ready - maybe consider moving your stuff into the bedroom so your baby can crawl around in there while you get ready?
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My kids hated the bumbo. Try a playpen instead. She has freedom to move around in a playpen but she is also confined and safe.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2010