Do you honestly sit down, teach, and work with your little children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, atleast 1-2 times a week and I feel like I should be doing more than that!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• not as in home schooling but yes, with homework, sight words, reading, we do it every night but Friday and Sat.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Yes, they get so much homework.

My k gets 3 dittos, and needs to read.
    My 1st grader gets spelling words 3x the first night, sentences for 5 the 2nd night and 3rd night, a math ditto every night. Read every night, and study for spelling test weekly and reading test weekly, math test at end of section.
    My 4th and 7th grader usually do there own thing, I remind my 4th grader but my 7th grader hates school and fusses all the time.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I honestly used to do it more ofte with my first child all the time. I enjoyed it and so did he. But now with more kids, a bigger house,a bigger yard to maintain, I just don't have the time or the energy like I once used to. I do get them involved with what I am doing though, like the yard work..they love that. So I guess I'm still teaching them things, just not always ABC and 123,lol.
    Anonymous

• I did this with all of my three kids, until they reached Junior high, but by then, there was a routine set up and they were on their own. There is nothing more productive than setting up a routine for homework same time, same place, I taught them to have pride in whatever was turned in with their name attached, heck it worked, they got scholarships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 1:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I try, but dd doesn't like when I just sit with her and try to explain stuff so it's becomeing she will ask me about stuff. However, if we read a book with the same words in it, she starts pointing the word out and saying it. Also points out the letters, colors, shapes and numbers so that is how she learns. I also have a poster in her room with the alphabet in sign language (with the letters of course) and she loves going over that! She's almost 2.5 and I stopped trying to "teach" her so much when she turned 18 mos and I realized it wasn't soaking in that way!!! It's like she tunes you out when you try but when you don't want her to know or aren't even thinking about it, she pays attention! lol
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Yes, I did. Now at 14, he does on his own.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My daughter is almost 2 and we work on counting a couple times a week. I don't push it, though. We count almost every day, but a few times a week I sit down with her and count her blocks. Next we'll do the alphabet, after she can count to 20 or so. We're up to 10 on a good day lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• If my 3 year old would go with it, I would, LOL.

We count everything, play iSpy, do colors, letters ect, but deff, not sitting down!
    JandAsMommy

Answer by JandAsMommy at 1:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Yes I work with my son at least 30 mins a day. Most of the time its playing games, flashcards, working on numbers, ABC's reading books.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 1:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2010