child support

so my boyfriend has a daughter who is 8, her mom gets 451 a month in support.

i told her i was going to apply for my son who is 8 months

she told not to bother bc i wont get anything and since he got a raise and he makes 17.00 a hour now instead of 15.00 a hour (her support is set off of him making 15.00 a hour) that hers will go up and i wont get anything.

can someone tell me how this works. We live in Texas if that helps. He gets paid every 2 weeks, works 40 hours a week with some overtime here and there.

thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• If I got this right, you have a baby with him and she has a baby with him.

What they will do is give you a percentage, both parents. If I am reading it correct, they don't collect support for one child and not for the other.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I am from Texas and they will adjust it. I really would not tell that other woman anything else or ask her anything, she is not on your side.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Do not listen to her. Go file for child support. she is thinking of herself. She does not want you to cut into her child support.

Answer by louise2 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• POSTER<<<<<<<<<<<

yeah thats right we both have kids by him, i did not know if i was going to get a little bit of nothing and she get more bc hers is first because he got a raise
    Anonymous

• POSTER <<<<<<

i googled it and it said baised on him making 17.00 a hour bringing home about 3000.00 a month I should get 432.63 a month, but i did not know how hers would change. I did not know if that is going to be split betweenthe two of us

he does pay her 451 so is 432 what i would get alone?
    Anonymous

• He's your boyfriend? Are you living together as a family? If I'm not mistaken, your boyfriend could get a deduction on his child support amount for having another dependant. I don't think they give you child support unless you're living outside the home. Do you work, or are you another dependant? With a second income in the family, his support amount might go up instead of down.
    Anonymous

• POSTER<<<<<<<<

We are living together, i dont work, he makes the money. i dont know if we will be together longer, I just want to make sure that I am getting something for my son.

he has been talking about moving out, but has not yet
    Anonymous

• Why make him pay child support if he is living with you and contributing to the bills? That doesn't make sense, and it seems rather greedy. When and if he moves out, THEN seek child support.
    Anonymous

• POSTER <<<<<<<

well bc he is not paying my bills, he stays here. I am on assistance and I believe he is just here so that he wont have to pay bills. When I ask him for things for our son he says no or get an attitude or question what I am using the money for. He dont help with anything, my mom helps with things for my baby, when my bf is here. she told me to put him out, but i want my son to have both parents unlike i did

i know he is going to leave probably go back to his daughters mom, i just want my son to be taken care of
    Anonymous

• "We are living together, i dont work, he makes the money. "

That's what YOU said, OP.

Why aren't you working? Not to be nosey, but you shouldn't rely on child support to pay your bills. You need to start setting short- abd long-term goals to get off of assistance. It's only a crutch...don't plan on it being a long term thing.

:-)
    Anonymous