At what age do toddlers have the feeling that they have to pee and poop?

At what age do toddlers have the feeling that they have to pee and poop? I am trying to see if it is time to start potty training my toddler.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would think it depend on the toddler. My daughter just PTed at 21 months, some people do it sooner, some later. It depends on your kid. =)
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• around 18 months, my son would go hide behind a piece of furniture and squat when it was time for a BM. All kids are different, but try to really watch your toddler to see if they are giving any physical clues as to when they are taking care of buisness.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Test when they pee, put a dry diaper on and see if they pee the same time each day usually that is a sign, but feeling when they have to go and be ready to go on the potty is too diffrent things, don't rush it. It could back fire, or take even longer.

to see if they are get them a potty seat, that connects to your potty and make sure when you go they walk you. This will encourage them to go potty like you. Eventually, they will try them selves.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My son is almost 2 now. His bowel movement became more predictable that' is how I knew he was ready.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 2:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2010