Need to "hear" something uplifting!

I'm coming out of a little bit of a rut and would love to hear something uplifting.
At the moment, how do you feel blessed or what beauty have you seem recently. Any good deeds done by you or someone else? What do you love about your life and are grateful for?

nwdeserangel

Asked by nwdeserangel at 2:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my friends cancer is in remission after years of battling! we are all grateful! shes a wonderful person and an amazing mom.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• this is no big deal, but my 3 yr old cousin (lives with me, he's mine) ran to open a door for a woman with a stroller. I was impressed.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My husband has spent more quality time with the kids, and gave me a break. Also, he is trying to help us keep our relationship going, sometimes it is a struggle but he is working on it for our sake.

I am greatful for everyone in my home being healthy, and my family. Thank you
    Anonymous

• I rode in a public bus this past saturday , it had been at least 40 years I had not done this, I actually saw perfect strangers getting up and giving their seats to old ladies, chivalry is not dead!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My dear SO went out into our yard and cut about 2 dozen or so of different spring flowers that has bloomed and gave them to me. It was so sweet, like a nervous young man handing picked flowers to his first date. I arranged them nicely in two pretty vases that he bought for me a couple years back. I was showing our 14 month old daughter how to smell them...and instead of sniffing them, she gave them kisses! LOL...so cute.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I visited the memorial of the Oklahoma city bombing and there in the middle of it all is a tree that was orignially a backyard tree. when the building was built, they left the tree. After the bombing and all the heavy equipment running over it, it was still standing, fragile and damaged but still living. To this day, the tree is a symbol of hope, Hope that even when something terrible happens, beauty and strength will prevail just as it does in the human spirit.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I just got back from a pleasure trip...I took my M-I-L to the airport!!! :-) SMILE It's worth it!!!
    Anonymous

• When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300 degrees Celsius. The Russians used a pencil.

Anonymous

• not so uplifting and deep but something funnny at least...my Dad just stopped by to visit for a minute and while we were talking my son (21 months) ran into my bedroom and came out with a fistful of condoms which he threw up into the air like confetti. nice. At first my Dad thought they were wet wipes so I was goin with that until he looked at them again and said "Oh, condoms. Thats why I dont have a granddaughter yet."
    Anonymous