Am I wrong for saying no?

My mom desperately wants us to go visit her for a few weeks this May because she's kind of going through a hard time. But its REALLY not a good time for us right now...plus, the military might be moving us near them within the next few months (we live across the country from each other). So am I wrong for saying "no, we can't come for a visit"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Sometimes you have to do what's best for you and your family even when that leaves your parents out. If you can't do it right now, I would say no.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• ..you only have (ONE) mom once shes gone she can never be replaced if i were you no matter what the hold up is i would make a way to see my mom bc oneday she might not always be here to call and say hey im having a hard time could you come for a visit..i always try to think of family first because they are no replaceable..
    Anonymous

• Sometimes it just isn't in the workings to take a trip just cuz. When yes she is your only mother, she should also understand that you just can't do it right now. I would just be frank with her, and she should understand, don't feel bad..
    Anonymous

• Just tell her you may be closer soon. That will show you are not just being mean.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• YOU ARE NOT WRONG to tell your mom no. Sometimes people don't have the means to do things like that. Maybe you can ask your mother to come stay with you instead. And explain to her that you might be closer here soon and if you don't end up closer you will come for a visit as soon as you can afford it. Don't feel guilty. Yes you only have one mother, but I will tell you my mother doesn't get her panties in a bunch when my brother says they can't afford to come out for a visit. Sometimes we go 6 months to a year without seeing him. It is understandable. GOOD LUCK TO YOU
    MommyB2010

Answer by MommyB2010 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I"m sure she's disappointed.. but no its not wrong.. just make plans to come at a different time. You can always cancel the plans if you end up moving close to her.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i dont think your wrong i been telling my family in AZ i would go see them and i wanted to this year sents were having our first baby so family can she her but we dont have the money were not that far from them we live in CO but money is tight and my dad cant go see them its his sister and her kids his brother and his step kids but they never stop here when pasing thu or try to come see us even when my dad almost died a few time but we understand money is tight thats the only family on my dads side that we have left and my aunt was sick a while back and to be honest your mom will understand why you cant see might needed you now and i know you only get one mom but if you cant make it moms do understand more then anyone trust me sorry for talking about me but it was a few stories i had happen to me to show its ok family understand
    Anonymous