If your a SAHM, and dont make your kids a good meals...

Why dont you ?

you are home all day, and you are suppose to take care of your kids and you house -- that is your job !

Why do so many mom who stay home all day just end up popping something into the microwave for their kids breakfast and lunch -- eggs on the stove doesnt take that much longer to make, plus there are tons of other healthy meals...

Quit being lazy and get out of bed ! I am tired of hearing so many SAHMs talking about giving their kids cereal, and poptarts...

* yes this is a rant not really a question, but it was just bugging me that much ! lol *

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think she is complaining about not cooking everyday.. this is more for the ones that NEVER cook anything.. and just give there kids a poptart!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I'm a SAHM and my kids eat oatmeal or cereal for breakfast.. and a sandwich or pizza for lunch and then I cook a healthy dinner. How about... Worry about your own family and get off of other ppl. Who died and made you queen of whats right?
    Anonymous

• Agreed- but a lot of people simply do not know how to cook. Nor are the equipped with the factual knowledge regarding what their children should not be eating. It's truly sad. and kind of disgusting.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Because my only child is 17 years old and more than capable of making his own meals when he is home.. That's breakfast & lunch. And sometimes dinner if he doesn't want what I have cooked or what my husband and I are having. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• LOL, at first I was going to say that I was guilty as charged.... but then I read about the eggs on the stove. I thought you would say eggs and pancakes don't count as a real meal :) I do cook... I just don't make anything really fancy. I'm just not that good. But I can make simple and easy stuff....

and I agree.... pop tarts don't count as real food!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• What is wrong with cereal? Are you supposed to feed a kid a hot breakfast everyday? No I don't cook much. I have a very small house with a very small kitchen. It is almost impossible to cook large meals. But I would never feed my child a frozen meal either. So we eat boring food, chicken, spaghetti, or pork chops. As much as I would like too... I don't sleep all day.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Maybe some have circumstances that make it difficult or impossible to cook meals all the time. When someone is on bedrest, it can be hard to cook all the meals or if they are remodeling their kitchen so the only option is to microwave. Why be so judgmental when you don't know the circumstances?
    Anonymous

• yeah I am sure all of those SAHM's kitchens are being remodeled.....I didnt mean just sometimes...I mean that is all the kids get...
    Anonymous

• For the mere and simple fact I honestly don't have a long list to cook. The same five meals i can make get boring. I grew up on mac and cheese and hot dogs. So i try to come up with new things..but between lack of skill, and picky husband, its a lil difficult.
    Anonymous

• Why do you care? Seriously...I'm tired of people like you complaining about what other's do, and it doesn't effect you or your life one bit?
    Anonymous