Only have one open tube and wondering if getting pregnant second time around will be easier

One of my tubes is completely blocked due to an ectopic pregnancy I had a couple years ago. It took me over a year to get pregnant afterwards and had to see a fertility doctor and get on clomid. My daughter is now 7 months old and I'm wondering what my chances are of having another baby. Anyone know of someone in my similar situation that was able to have a second child? Was it easier than the first, did they have to take fertility drugs the second time as well? Thanks.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's 50/50 on which ovary spits out the egg. If you have 2 ovaries (I lost 1 of mine in an ectopic) then it depends on which one dumps the egg. I don't think it will be easier and in fact it might take longer.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, that is actually why I had to take the clomid, so I would ovulate from both sides. I'm wondering if they will let me just start taking it right away or if I will have to try for a year before they let me take fertility drugs. Just wondering if anyone had any hope to give me, maybe if they knew someone that had more than one kid with just one tube. Thanks.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My MIL had an ectopic pregnancy after my husband was born. She only had 1 tube and was told that she only had a 30% chance of getting pregnant. She got pregnant again on acident and had a healthy baby girl.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2010