How much did your breast reduction cost?

Breast Reduction

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• my mom's was like a few thousand. I'm not sure how much, but she had to do it twice because the doctor really messed her up.

Answer by lexes27 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Breast Reduction Cost      Locate Board Certified Surgeons And Get Guaranteed Financing.

Answer by vbruno at 12:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• All surgeries are different because different doctors and hospitals charge different. A "good" one is going to be more expensive. Go to your local hospital's web page and look for plastic surgeons. You can also google your town name and plastic surgeons to find rates. It is usually somewhere between 2-4 thousand, depending. Sometimes if it is causing an actual physical disability SOMETIMES your insurance will pay for it, but you have to have a true diagnosis from a doctor. Make sure your surgeon is board certified for plastic surgery, don't go to a cheap quack that is going to end up leaving you looking wierd.

Answer by sapient at 12:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• my reduction cost a little under 7,000

Answer by ladiematrix at 2:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Aghhhh i want one LOL so when you find a good price ket me know LOL

Answer by racheal1977 at 2:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Mine did cost around $7000 including the surgeons charge, the pre-op, anesthesia, recovery, and operating room charges. My surgeon is a highly recommended surgeon and did do a good job. Insurance did cover all but a $25 co-pay. I went from a DD to a full C.

Answer by girlneffy at 2:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• it's going to depend on what part of the country you live in, the individual surgeon, etc. expect anywhere from $4,000-$6,000 on up.

Answer by pinkbubbles79 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• "Sometimes if it is causing an actual physical disability SOMETIMES your insurance will pay for it,"

Not true. If your insurance policy does cover breast reduction at all, you just have to meet their requirements to get it covered, and that varies depending on your insurance....It is pretty standard though from what I have researched. You usually have to be close or at the ideal weight for your body, so if your overweight you would have to lose weight first, next you would have to see a regular doctor in most cases to refer you to get a reduction, and this would be because you have back/neck problems, tingly fingers, grooves from bra straps, headaches........You might have to get prescriptions for awhile first, and fill them even if you dont use them, and see doctors so that you can build a case, insurance wants to know its more cost effective to give you the reduction then pay for all the prescrips/docs etc.

Answer by soveryconfused at 8:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009