Takes off diaper and pees on floor

My son who is 28 months keeps taking his diaper off and peeing on the floor instead of going to the potty. How can I get him to keep his darn diaper on or go use the potty?????? IM GOING BOINKERS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can't really make him, but you could make him clean up the mess.
    Try to think of the last time you saw a grown man pee on the floor too.... That will not only help you realize that this to shall pass, but the visual will make you laugh :)
    Marsella

Answer by Marsella at 3:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Please don't make the baby clean up his pee. I think what you can do is praise him 400x more when he uses the potty. Ignore it when he pees on the floor. Just clean it up put on a new diaper and dont say a word or make a face, like it doesnt phase you. He could getting some kind of attention out of it and thats why hes doing it.
    Anonymous

• i'm in the same boat....we started potty training yesterday so my dd has ran around bottomless for two days...and i'll tell her no when she pees in the floor, and she'll stop and i'll try and take ehr to the potty and she pulls back and yells NO, but we go to the potty anyway, and by that time she's done,..i make my dd clean her messes up...and she cleans her peepee up too, as long as it's on the tile floor. it hasn't done anything to her, by making her clean it up..all i can say is try and take him every so often..kenzie was so good at telling me she was wet right after she went, a few weeks ago it got to where she would say it right before, and now she won't even tell us if she's wet, when she's in training pants and a plastic (i refuse to buy pull ups lol)..so any moms that know how to get past this and get her to use the potty please message me with what worked for you. good luck!!!!!!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 4:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Please don't make that boy clean up his urine. Germs! This too shall pass; trust me on it. Don't make a big deal at all. Just reminde him that pee and poo go in the potty only. Good luck!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I would have him help clean up and make a big deal out of how yucky it is to pee on the floor. Then have him wash his hands. It sounds like he's showing signs of being ready to use the potty, and he is old enough to understand that purposefully peeing on the floor is not okay.
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 4:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I say take him out of the diaper at least during the day. He obviously doesn't like the feel of wet against his skin and really he is just a step away from using the potty. Just make sure when he does that to direct him to the potty and remind him that is where he is supposed to go.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• we are potty training. i just take dd to the potty every 20-30 minutes. sometimes i bribe her w/ a small treat (sticker, 1 gumi bear, etc). i have found that the trick is telling her not asking that she needs to go to the potty (jade, it's time to go to the potty!). it has made all the difference. also, make it fun by letting him pick out some undies to wear. thats what got her hooked!
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2010