SAHMs and Life Insurance?

Hello all, I have been a stay at home mom for about 2 years now and I have been thinking lately about purchasing some life insurance. Not to sound morbid but anything could happen and i'd feel better knowing I have something to leave behind if that "anything" does happen. I was just wondering if any of you have done this and if you went with a local company or a world wide company. I have never checked into this before so I am not really sure what I am looking for. Also if any of you reading this are military do you know if there is something offered to military spouses?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Health

• My husband and I both have life insurance policies through State Farm. We got them right about the time we were married. My husband also has life insurance through his work. Whenever we get around to it, we are going to switch our insurance from State Farm to USAA, though, because that's where the rest of our insurance is (car, homeowners, etc.) and we'll probably get a larger policy on my husband at that time, too.
    Anonymous

• I have life insurance through my husbands company. I think the military should offer something for spouses, it would be weird if they didnt.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I have life insurance through my husbands company. We also have one for each of our kids.
    Anonymous

• I had no clue USAA has Life Insurance. We just started using their car insurance and recently transfered to them with our bank accts. I will have to look into that
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2010