Is it wrong to have a male friend that your husband doesn't know about?

If all you ever do is just talk online.. or on the phone rarely... About your husband and kids and his wife and kids.. If all it is, is innocent. I have a male friend who is a good bit older than me and we have been friends since I was 16.. I'm 25 now and have been married for a few years as he has. We talk online about 3 times a week for about 30 minutes or so.. and on the phone about once a month but only for a very short time. I don't tell my husband because I feel there is no reason to. That would just start something over nothing and me and my male friend NEVER talk about sex or about each other in that way. We are just the weird ppl in the world that care about each other and want to stay in touch. So is that VERY wrong

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you should still tell hubby.
    Anonymous

• If yall dont talk about nothing bad, i dont see why u cant say he is your friend. When your married, there shouldnt be any secrets or whatever. Would u care if he did the same?
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• If you question your actions, then it's probably not something you should be doing.
    Anonymous

• In all honesty I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Just wonder if you are seeking him out or vice versa to fill a void that may be missing in your life. I know what is like because I find myself in a similar situation. Be careful because it does not take much to escalate to more.
    Anonymous

• if it wasnt wrong you wouldn't have to ask if it is.....
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 4:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I don't think it is wrong, but I also don't think I would keep it from DH.
    Anonymous

• Of course there is something wrong with it and I think you know that or you wouldn't even need to ask the question. If there were nothing wrong with it, you would have already told your husband about him.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• No, it's not wrong to have a friend...but it is wrong to keep it from your husband...you wouldn't keep it from him for no reason. I believe you should be honest with him, and you should have from the start, because you had this friend before you got married...so your husband should have known about this man all along if it's really just innocent..ya know?
    Anonymous

• Nothing wrong if your husband can do the same.  Discuss with him so he can start doing it like you.  I just bet he would like the attention too.

Anonymous

• I only think its wrong if you don't tell your husband. If there's nothing sexual or intimate about it then there should be no reason that you can't tell him. If you do hide it from him then that would make me think there is something more going on. If he finds out.. he's gonna assume things and that won't be good for your relationship.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2010