Female Issues- At my wits end

Ever since I had my son in April 2009 I have been having REVERSED periods. As in I bleed for about 25 days straight and stop for 5 (if I am lucky). I have become anemic, losing weight, losing energy, and I feel like crap ALL THE TIME. The doctors have switched my BC 4 times to see if it would help anything, I have had LEEP surgery to clear out some abnormal cells in my cervix, and have had biopsies done on my uterus (normal). Finally my Dr. has told me she is switching me to Mirena (IUD) and if this doesnt work then my options are to 1. Deal with the bleeding or 2. Have my uterine lining burned off and not be able to conceive anymore. I'm so upset by this and the fact that I have not found ANY answers to my issues. Is there ANYONE out there dealing with anything similar to this?? My husband and I want another baby eventually but this has got to stop.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Health

• I couldn't go back on bc after DD. They all made me bleed non-stop. I finally threw them all out the window and started Natural Family Planning with no hormones. I no longer have strange periods and can tell you when I'm ovulating so know when to NOT have sex. Your hormones change after a baby and maybe that is the problem
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Since my IUD I have had pain in my pelvic area I have been to 4 drs none can find out what is wrong, I had the IUD taken out 2 Ultrasounds, blood, urine tests, and the pain doesn't go away, sex is almost always painful, and sitting and standing can be too, the drs can't distriguish if it's my cervix, uterous, or bladder that it hurting ( medical professionals huh!) they have all told me different. I understand how horrible it is to not get an answer. Good Luck !!!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Oh no that is scary! The whole pain thing.. I have thought about getting off BC altogether I am just afraid. We both want another baby but definitely not right now and the thought of having no protection what so ever is kind of scary. I'm not sure quitting BC would help the bleeding anyways. I was off of it completely for 3 months straight and still had the bleeding.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2010