This question mainly for the ladies who are in their early to late 40's...Do you feel old & ugly kind of letting yourself look withered away :(

well this is how I have been feeling lately :(

What is your secret feeling young and beautiful I need some encouraging words .... help!
And thank you ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I think you need to keep your chin up and tell yourself everyday that you are beautiful and worthy. Say it outloud. Being young is fine but being in your 40's is fantastic. You have the wisdom not to do the stupid things you did as a kid and the energy to still keep up with the best. I run my own business and can out work most of the kids I hire. Any line on my face tells a story of who I am. I may not have the looks or figure I had at 22, but I am beautiful and successful in ways I could not be back then. Message me if you need a pick me up or just to talk.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Truthfully I do not want to look young and beautiful. I am 49 and proud of it. My kids are grown and out of the house. I like being older.

Answer by louise2 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I turn 42 next month and am more comfortable with the way I look now than I was 20 years ago. I know what works for me on my hair and skin, and how to dress my body type,  and I'm comfortable with who I am on the inside as well. I love being in my 40s! I also agree with the PP - make time to pamper yourself!

Jazzdoll

Answer by Jazzdoll at 4:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i am 40, and i feel old and tired. i am 33 weeks pregnant and i have 4 young kids. i think i might feel tired no matter how old i was right now. before this pregnancy i didn't feel old and tired, but i do feel like i used to be a lot more fun to be around. working out and eating well makes me feel good about myself though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I'm 46 and look and feel fabulous!  I lost 35 lbs a couple of years ago and decided to do my own makeover.  I cut my hair which took 10 years off me.  I got a tattoo which I love and have since gotten two more.  I bought new clothes and pamper myself with products from Lush.  I keep my nails long and always painted.  And finally, I've been lucky to age gracefully, my hair is still my natural colour and my skin looks 10 years younger than my actual age.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Oh I forgot to add that I always wear sexy bra's and thongs.  It is amazing how sexy and confident it makes you feel even though no one but you knows;) 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• No, I'm 41 and have been told by numerous people I look about five years younger than I do. Stress and being underweight are the biggest agers. Trying to be too skinny adds wrinkles and loose skin. I keep about ten pounds overweight - I have NO wrinkles on my face and my body looks soft and curvy in all the right places! After three kids and hemmerhroids, I've ditched the thongs, BTW!
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 8:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I'll be 41 in a couple of months. I also have some health issues that have hit in the last two years with severe allergies and Lupus. I just work hard to be the best me that I can. I work out when I feel well and eat well. I take great care of my skin and I don't quite look my age. I still like to mess with my hair and get my nails done sometimes. You are only as young as you feel and I say work it the best that you can! : ) After all sweetie....you gotta love you, it will influence those that also love you.
    Anonymous