3 year old DD won't listen.....at all.

I seriously think my dd who is 3 has got to be deaf. Seriouly, you could yell at her (i don't like yelling) and she wouldn't hear you or ask you "what" over and over again. I don't get it....!!!!
She tells me "no!" and the latest thing is "NO WAY" (we don't use that phrase in our house)....
Oh my gosh....
Has anyone else gone through this???!?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• dont show her u are getting frustrated stay ferm.
    aledge

Answer by aledge at 6:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Yes unfortunately i've been going through this for about a year and a half now. Seems like she gets more defiant everyday. Here recently she has started this new thing where she starts humming when I am asking her to do something or trying to talk to her. It drives me nuts. I wish I had answers for you but I don't. I'm waiting very patiently (and sometimes impatiently) on this ti end lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• well, maybe you are giving her too many chance's to get away with things.. She sounds strong willed like my son and I often find myself repeating myself and I do NOT want to do that!! I am trying to give my son 3 strikes and you're out now, well, I am TRYING
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• oooh.. I also recommend getting a book about raising strong willed children.. I just got a few and so far, I really think they will help!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• thanks for the advice all.....so do you think it's a phase of independence then? or should I worry this is going to turn into other negative behavior??? :/
    Anonymous

• I think its more than a phase - I say get a firmer discipline tactic and be consistant.. so NO FEAR cause it isn't working either. Calm and Clear is way more effective sometimes and don't give up, no matter how tired you are!!!
    Anonymous