Just wanted to know.....

How many of you can say you are truly happy in your relationship? If you are how long have you been together? What about it makes it happy?

To those of you who are not so happy, how long have you been in your relationship? Why are you not so happy? Do you think you will stay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I have known him for 15 years, best friends for 9 years, and together for 1 year. I am on cloud nine since I am in love with my best friend. (but it took 2 marriages to the wrong person for me to realize what I had all along)
    Anonymous

• We and my DH have been together for 4 yrs and married for 3 yrs. And I can same I am truely happy. We did go through a rocky point where niether one of us thought we would make it but we got through it and we now have a 10 month old son. My DH is a very sweet and understanding man and he is a wonderful father. I wouldn't trade my marriage for anything.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 5:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I am truly happy. We have been together for a total of 19 years in June.. I really don't know what makes us happy. One thing is he allowed me to be me and doesn't try and change that. I don't have to wait on him hand and foot to keep him happy. It might help that we are complete opposites too, we both bring something completely different to the table every day. We sit together, hold hands, and still say I love you about 10 times a day.. He stands beside me as I stand beside him. We both do what needs to be done for the family, we do not have male/female gender roles. Guess that's a start LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• We've been together for 9 years, married for 5. I'm am so blissfully happy it's sickening. He's my best friend, we laugh together, and my complete confidant. We balance each other out for the most part. And we agreed from day one what our priorities are... #1 is God, #2 is each other, and #3 is our kids. Obviously that doesn't mean their basic needs aren't met or whatever, but it means we need to focus on each other and our marriage in order to provide the best home for our children. Another thing that helps is that he goes away a lot for his job, and instead of being angry or upset, I choose to be happy and look forward to our homecomings. I get to fall in love over and over again! And with long seperations we have really learned to trul appreciate one another.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• been together 5 years & still very disgustingly in love. He is my best friend. He even comes clothes shopping with me & gossips on the phone...lol....he is the best 'girlfriend' also. We talk & have good open communication. We laugh everyday & make it a point to let the less imortant things slide. We pick our battles wisely & let the stupid stuff fall the the wayside. We're OK with not being rich because we have so much more to live for, so moneyhas never ever been something to argue about. He practices chivalry & treats me like a princess. There is nothing but respect
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I am content. We have our good times and we have our crappy times. That's just the way life goes. We've been married for 3.5 years and have been through hell (my husband had a major accident just after we got married and it has had lasting damage), and we've still made it through. I'm content because we've come to many understandings and we've both met in the middle in some instances to where we both can be happy. It's all about cooperation and compromise.
    Anonymous

• I'm content. I'm ok with that.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• OP: You ladies are not making me feel any better. I was hoping I wasn't alone. But I guess when women get to my point they get divorced. We have been married going on 8 years and marriage has been HELL! I feel I have no more to give and can't give any more. But hopefully any future relationships I might have, maybe promising.
    Anonymous

• I am happy. Very happy. And what's better, I am content. I don't expect him to be perfect. I don't let the small stuff make or break us. He gets on my nerves and drives me crazy sometimes. I'm sure I do the same for him. It's endearing. There is no one I would rather have make me nuts than him. He has seen me at my worst, my best and still loves me for it. He has put up with me as much as I have put up with him. On bad days I want to run screaming for the hills. But even at the end of those bad days, I know that I have a place to lie my head in the crook of his arm. He knows that I will never really run screaming for the hills and I know that he won't be going anywhere either.

It wasn't always this way. We fought each other (way too much) and everything else to get to where we are now. It has it's peaks and valleys. Seasons change. Hard times won't last as long as you can communicate and work together.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I can say I'm truly happy in my marriage. We've known eachother since we were kids but have only been together for 4 years with one child and another on the way. What makes me happy is that we actually want to spend our free time together, we respect one another/have a lot of trust in eachother, and he's an amazing father.
    Don't let other's relationships get you down, there is always hope to find the person who is right for you and many people in happy marriages went through hell before finding or making that happy marriage. Sorry you're going through a rough time, starting over is never easy but if that relationship is truly over, moving on alone is the only real way to find that person who will give just as much as you.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 2:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2010