Did you plan your children?

I sort of did my first, we got pregnant three months early. We ended up canceling our "last hurrah" vacation to puerto vallarta.

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• NOOOO my son was not planned. We didnt want children. Life decided we needed a baby.
    Anonymous

• We planned number 2.. Number 1 and 3 was a surprise :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Yes and no. I planned on waiting until after we were married but when we found out I was, I was on BC so wasn't actively trying.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• No, he wasn't planned but was a gift! Husband and I were at the end of our marriage and I had one more hoo haa before I left him. I already knew in my mind I was never going to be a mom since I was leaving him and was 39 years old. My cut off date for children was 40 and I knew there was no way I was going to meet someone, fall in love, get married and have a kid all in 8 months. Left him in Sept and was turning 40 in April. Low and behold, had my son April 5th, and I turned 40 April 30th. Was never so happy and scared all in a nano second but was never so happy in my entire life. Even though I've been a single mom throughout my pregnancy and still to this day, I would do it again. Struggles and all, this has been the best thing to ever happen. Seeing what all my friends go through with their husbands, sometimes I count my blessings. Then sometimes I just wonder what it would have been like with the right man.

SusanL1955

Answer by SusanL1955 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• #1 - pleasant surprise
    #2 - totally planned
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• both of mine were planned
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2010