Have you ever done something you know you shouldn't just for "old time sake"?

A question here the other day about a woman who hadn't done drugs in years had used again for a brief time during a breakdown...which made me wonder, have you ever done something from the past, even though you know you probably shouldn't have, just for "old times sake" or to feel the way you felt back in the day? If you have, what brought about the blast from the past? Were there any consequences for doing what you did?

For me, I used to do a lot of uppers when I was in college in order to keep up with my job and school work. I ceased the use when I left school to get married and start a family. After our first was born I was also working part time and decided to go to school online the rest of the time, caring for our DD while I was at him. My plate was full and I remembered the feeling of uppers. Did it a few times, getting all my work done, but decided it wasn't worth it and left school instead. Nobody ever knew...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have. I never admitted this to anyone before, other than those involved, but I was a huge druggie as a high schooler...got into a LOT of bad shit. Well, after drug abuse treatment & therapy my life got better. Got with who is now my husband a few years later & started to just casually drink again (maybe a beer here or a glass of wine there) as well as smoke pot from time to time (wasn't really recreational though, it helped me eat & sleep due to some issues I have - was in the process of getting my medical marijuana license before i got pregnant). Anyways...there was one week where we BOTH jumped into the past. A friend had shown up at a gathering with cocaine. My husband & I had both used a lot of that in high school, but not since then. We decided to give it one last go. We did it a couple times throughout that week, but then it was gone & we went back to "normal". No consequences, but got that "craving" out of my system.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I shoplifted in my 30s to feel that "thrill" again that I remember from my teens. Didn't work out well because I got that thrill and tried again, but that time I got caught. Not always worth it to do stupid sh*t for old times sake!
    Anonymous