Proof??

I had heard it many times before from all walks of life that they want proof that there is a G-d. I always wanted to ask this: What proof is there that would convince you that there is a G-d? I'm not trying to be hateful or bash anyone or anything, but what proof do you demand or expect in your personal lives? AND how are you so sure that once you received the proof you would then believe? I would just like to know blessings..

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can't tell you for sure what "proof" would be enough for me to believe. I guess I wouldn't know until it happened. But I don't ask for proof and I don't need proof of others beliefs....I have my own beliefs, and I have proof of those for myself. And all I need is my own truth....no one elses':)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I think we all have proof of whatever it is we believe. If we didn't we wouldn't believe that way. For some proof comes in the form of simple things, for others they need a more concrete form and they have it. The point is that until God or whomever, comes down and appears to each of us no mere mortal CAN have all the answers and there is a chance that we are wrong, no matter how much we believe what we believe. That's why it's so important to find proof in our own lives and allow others to find it for themselves as well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• the Lord proves everyday that he is real to me. everyday i come home safe or i wake up is a blessing
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I again agree with Sabrina. Proof is with the individual and it can be something miraculous and some small. The definition of faith is believing without concrete proof. That's why all religions are so important not just Christianity and not just the Bible. The Divine is something that each person must find themselves in a way that brings them peace. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I can assure you that if the rosebush in front of my garage burst into flame and started talking to me, or I saw a pillar of fire in the sky, or had a walking stick with the power to part a sea or draw water from a rock, I would consider that pretty good proof. A gigantic face in the sky, announcing that it is god..well, I'm not sure. The god of the O.T. had no problem proving his existence to his people. I think a one on one conversation is the least he can do if he wants me to believe in him. And that's the bottom line. It's HIS job to give me proof. It's not mine.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I have proof that there is a God every time I look at my boys, or see the sun shinning, or see the beautiful world he's created.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Don't confuse belief with devotion.  If god's existence were proven, then of course I would believe.  I don't bury my head in the sand like some people do.  However, I would NOT worship your god unless he could prove himself worthy of my devotion and I seriously doubt he could do that.  I've heard nothing about your god that endears him to me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• This reminds of those emails you all probably get, telling you there is a huge fortune that you can claim and receive but you have to send 50 000$ first to them in order to receive 1 000 000 back. Wouldn't you check if this claim or promise and the person is real?
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 6:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2010