what do you think about letting teens drink?

When I was in high school and college before I turned 21, my parents NEVER allowed me to drink, sure they new I would drink, but never bought it for be or allowed me to drink in front of them. Many of my friends parents allowed us to drink at their house. Do you think it's ok to provide alcohol to teens/young adults before they're 21?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i wouldnt be buying my teens bottles of liquor to go out with there friends but if we were having a family BBQ on fourth of july in the backyard and my 17 yr old wanted to have a few beers, i would be alright with that. especially since they were home with me. thats how my parents were too.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• not at all,if anything happens to a minor and you allowed it..imagine the guilt. but if they are of legal age what can you really do.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My parents would let us, but we had to drink it straight! So needless to say we didnt partake very often. But when we were out of the house, we would drink whatever we wanted.

i think i would be ok with it, if it was at my house, and my kids friends werent around.

As far as giving other peoples kids alcohol, no way in hell!
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• It's illegal! No, I won't be giving my kids alcohol before they are 21.

Answer by missanc at 6:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My mother would buy me and my friends alcohol all the time. EVen when I wasnt going to be at the house. I would NEVER do that. I drink an occasional glass of wine or a beer. Every once and a while I get drunk of sat night or something. So when my kid is 16 17 yea he can have a beer with me. I wont buy him or his friends alcohol but if im drinking one then he can have one. ONE not 6. Im not going to get my kid drunk.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My parents knew I drank in high school but never bought it or allowed it in front of them till I was maybe 20 almost 21. My best friend 's mom on the other hand would buy it for us and we would party at the house and she would take our keys, needless to say everyone loved going to their house,lol! My girls are only 5 and 8 but I think I will allow them to drink at home at a BBQ or something when they are older teenagers but I would never allow their friends to do it at my home, too much liability. In Europe kids drink wine at dinner all the time and alcohol is not a big deal over there. I think kids that are sheltered are the ones that go wild once they get to college and don't know how to handle alcohol.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 6:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• no
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• mine yea i probably would. now i wouldnt get them trashed but a drink or two. others kids, not a chance.
    Anonymous

• Well, I didn't think it was soooo bad that I sat with my 17yo brother around a bonfire with my parents and we each had a beer or two until my parents split up and my 17yo brother and my dad became drinking buddies and potheads together. NOW I have a HUGE problem with it, and regret it ever being ok.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Oh yeah, once my 17yo brother's diabetic friend was over at the house and the boys were all drunk. His diabetic friend went to the ER that night. Surprised and saddened that my dad didn't get sued.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2010