Super Swollen.. :,(

33Weeks and so swollen... I woke up yesterday and had to actually cut two of my rings off my hand! Doctor says just stay off my feet and relax. Iv been doing so but the swelling isnt going away. My hands and feet are burning. Iv even sat in a cool bath and soaked my feet in cold water... No luck. When should i be worried and go to the hospital? Or do i just sit here swollen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Keep your feet up, stay away from salty foods, drink LOTS of water. If you are concerned, go to the hospital.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• my hand and feet always got swollen and its worse when it gets hot. For your feet you could lay down and elevate your feet. im not sure about needing to call the hopital.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 6:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i was told to sit on the floor with about 2 or 3 pillow and put my feet on the pillows then lean on a the side of my bed...i swolled up bad wven i was pregnant too...another thing STAY AWAY FROM SALTY FOODS AND LOTS OF WATER
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• You need to move fluid through your body. Drink a ton of water and walk around. if you have a gym with a treadmill so you can keep cooler, that would be better. Being still is going to let fluid pool in your legs and hands.

You need to try to drink 5 liters of water every day throughout the day. More raw foods will help move fluid through your system. Salads, fresh fruits, and sprouts are your friend.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• OP.... 5 liters!?! I would be peeing nonstop!! Lol. Lots of water. No salt. Gotcha.
    Anonymous

• prop ur feet up above your heart, stay away from salty foods, and drink lots of water thats what my doc told me...
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• When do you go to the doctor next? Are you swelling other then in your hands and feet, like around your face?? If not then I wouldnt be too concerned.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 7:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• SALT. dont eat it. When i swell they get itchy and i put my hands uder icy water at work i get werid looks, im like what! im swollen :)
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 7:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• OP... I have GD so i go to the doctor every week now. I go thursday. Is my face swollen? Um cant really tell... Iv sorta just got a round face now anyways lol.
    Anonymous

• Dont' forget that there is salt in almost all canned and boxed food! I didn't realize that when I was pregnant with my first until my dad pointed it out. Eat fresh. If it comes in a box don't eat it! I was also told in addition to all the things PP's have said to lay on my left side because it improves kidney function. Good luck!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 8:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2010