coughing 2 month old!!

My daughter has a bad cough, i called her doctor im waiting for them to call me back but in the mean time i thought i would ask on here.

She sounds like she has stuff in her throat when she coughs and she like struggles to cough sometimes, and she will turn red and sometimes cry. she has been coughing for a week now but nothing like this bad till today. I'm wondering what can i do for her, and is there anything i can give her?

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• steam from your shower, humidifier
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• does she have a cold? sometimes for little ones, that young, they can't handle the post nasal drip that's coming from thier nasal passage down the back of thier throats. They can gag, cough, choke and out of frustration cry because they don't know to swallow it or like adults, blow it out of thier nose.
    Anonymous

• they are going to tell u to take her in. That shes to small to just let it pass w/out a Dr. taking a look at her lungs. my 3month old had a bad cough last week and thats what they told me. they didnt give any medication just told me to sucktion her nose & use a vaporizor at night. & if she get fever of 101 for 5 days straight to take her back. Thank God she never got a fever. she is doing much better now. I hope she get better.
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 8:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2010