I just found out that I'm 7 weeks pregnant with TWINS (We saw their heartbeats yesterday on transvag ultrasound - TOO CUTE! :D )!! My fear is that I've had recurrent miscarriages and would really like some encouragement that everything will be ok and I'm worrying over basically nothing ;) Please... especially if you've had the same type of situation. Thanks!

newmommieof5

Asked by newmommieof5 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would say with your history of miscarriages, put yourself on bedrest if possible. Seriously....don't sweep, mop or vacume. (three things that put stress on your abdomen and can cause preterm labor). Keep yourself hydrated as much as possible and pee when you need to!
    Because of the stress on your body, pregnancies with multiples are high risk for preterm labor.
    Study online and in any resources you can find about multiple births.....
    TAKE IT EASY!!!!!!......
    Congrats!!! xoxoxoxo
    Anonymous

• They can see twins that early? Heck most people don't know they are even pregnant until much further along
    Anonymous

• i had 3 m/c before this one and i put myself on bedrest for the most part i work in a hotel and it was slow when i was in my 1 trim and most of my 2 trim were just starting to get busy and april 26 ill be my first day in my 3 trim and i never thought i would be able to make it this far or even stay preg so it can happen i would just relax stay off your feet as much as you can and like everyone saying put your self on bedrest if you can and drink as much water and fluids as you can and eat healthy and good luck
    Anonymous

• Do you happen to know WHY you've had miscarriages in the past or were they unexplained?

Have you had your progesterone levels checked yet?

I would ask your doctor about your progestrone levels and if they think supplement would be a good idea.

The best thing you can do is rest as much as possible and try to be gentle and relaxed as possible until at least 14 weeks.

All things are possible through God. Enjoy your pregnancy and good luck!
    Anonymous

• I know many people who have had miscarriages and went on to have full term pregnancies and healthy babies. I had two miscarriages in a row and then a large fibroid removed...and then I had my second baby after that and the pregnancy went fine. I would talk to the doctor about the previous miscarriages and find out if there is any known reason for them....and then follow the doctor's advice from there. I am not sure I would put myself on bedrest unless the doctor told me to be on bedrest....and I would be careful about any kind of thinking that could make me blame myself for anything going wrong. If a pregnancy is strong it is hard to end it accidentally by sweeping or whatever. If the pregnancy isn't strong, then it is not a good idea to take responsibility for holding on to it. Just relax and try not to worry too much...
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I had one miscarriage prior to my twins. I was worried throughout my twin pregnancy, particularly during the first trimester, but everything was fine. My advice is talk to your doctor and follow his/her recommendations, and listen to your body when it tells you to slow down. Congrats & Good luck!

Anonymous