My son is in third grade and wants a friend to sleep over

We know the boys parents through school and sporting events and really like them. Their son is also kind and respectful and has been here for playdates and I really hope that they will continue their friendship through the years. They are in 3rd grade. Is this to early or about right?

mammasamba

Asked by mammasamba at 7:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• definatley let him have the sleepover...
    Anonymous

• I don't think its too early at all.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• K.Thanks he is my oldest and it seems so wierd but kinda fun :) Kripers next he will be checking out colleges!
    mammasamba

Answer by mammasamba at 7:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Personally, we would not allow our children to do sleep overs in third grade, come over play dates or visa verse play dates just for the day but I would wait until they get a little older.
    Anonymous

• My son is in the 3rd grade too. He's been having friends sleep over once in awhile since last summer. But he's only WENT to a sleepover once, lol. I prefer the kiddos to be at my house than for my son to go to someone elses.Not because I don't trust people but sometimes he has a tendancy to misbehave..he gets a little rambunctious and over silly at times.
    I don't think its too young..especially when you know the parents and you already know the kid.
    I'm going to let my son have a backyard campout with a few of his friends this summer..can't wait for that one! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My son has been having sleepovers since kindergarden. He did fine and his friends did fine. we discussed ahead of time about them getting scared and wanting to go home. LOL even at 2 in the morning.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Definitely not too young....my kids started earlier than that, for sure! One of the great joys of childhood....shouldn't be missed! Yes, always be prepared to pick the kids up in the middle of the night....The secret to a successful sleepover is NOT to expect a lot of sleeping!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My daughter started sleepovers in 1st grade. Absolutely one of the great joys of childhood!!!! I practically lived with my friends between the ages of 9-13 between sleepovers at my house and their house. We even took my friends on vacation and vice-versa. Made for a great childhood.
    jennwyse

Answer by jennwyse at 10:57 AM on May. 3, 2010