whats an appropriate punishment for a teen having a hickey?

Mrs.Fife

Asked by Mrs.Fife at 7:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• definatley have the sex talk!
    Anonymous

• Well how old is the teen? How long have the been in the relationship? Are they typically a good teen or is this a common thing?
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Why does this require punishment?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Prepare for the "you're a terrible parent if you hold your kids to standards" bashing. good luck!
    Anonymous

• No cell phone,No computer for a WEEK! AND toilet bowl duty and dish duty for a week and if you have a dog..poo duty too.
    OH...AND take them to the library, have them find a book on sex and STD's and have them write a report on it,lol.
    I don't really know..I'm just making stuff up..mine are only 10 years and 14 months..so I have a little ways to go. Good Luck there!
    When I got a sucker bite when I was a teen, I just lied about it and said I didn;t know what it was or how it go there, LOL.How my parents ever even PRETENDED to believe that lie was beyond me...but maybe it was easier for them to deal with it that way,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I would need more information....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Why should it have a punishment? how about because its gross, they should respect themselves more than that. I agree with the grounding, no computer, no cell phone
    Anonymous

• Not something I would punish for but I would be having a talk about respect, responsibility. I think the embarrassment of having a hickey is punishment enough.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I would seriously ground them for a couple weeks. S/He obviously has too much alone time with his/her boy/girl friend! School, church, and afterschool job would be the only places allowed.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Wouldn't you punish the one who gave the hickey? I think that the embarassment and ridicule of classmates is punishment enough.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2010